NEET Eligibility Criteria: Every year, the examination for entrance to top Government and Private Medical Colleges is held in India. National Testing Agency or NTA conducts the examination for students of Class 12 who are seeking admission in medical courses. The exam is a national level test and is for admissions into courses like MBBS, BDS, and more. There is a particular eligibility criterion for attempting NEET. Those who are aspiring to become doctors in India need to carefully observe the conditions. The students can check all the details related to the eligibility and more about the entrance exam in the subsequent article.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022
The students who are willing to attempt the National Eligibility cum Entrance test need to check the eligibility and qualification criteria before applying for it. Those whole are willing to get admitted to Government and Private Colleges such as AIMS will have to appear for the examination. The test is a national level test and is attempted by many Medical aspirants across the country and a few from foreign countries. There is a specific criterion that needs to be satisfied prior to registration. The exam will make students eligible to get admitted to the colleges in the upcoming session of Graduation. The exam is held for both, Under Graduate and Post Graduate classes. However, only the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate Classes, NEET-UG is conducted by National Testing Agency or NTA. The students can check the eligibility details for the Undergraduate Examination in the article given below.
NEET 2022 Highlights
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Type of Examination||Entrance Examination|
|Courses||MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses such as BUMS, BHMS, BAMS, etc.|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency or NTA|
|On Behalf of||National Medical Commission or NMC|
|Colleges||Top Government and Private Medical Colleges in India|
|Lower Age Limit||17 Years|
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The students who are applying g for the Undergraduate Examination of NEET 2022 must check all the conditions before registration. The following eligibility condition has been announced by the authorities which need to be satisfied in order to appear for the examination:
- The student should not be less than the age of 17 years while appearing for the undergraduate medical course. This implies that he/she should not be born before 31 December 2005.
- There has been no Upper Age Limit that has been specified. Earlier, there were specific upper age criteria for the students who wished to appear for NEET. The upper age limit was 25 years. However, after the petition to remove the age limit was approved, the criteria were discarded.
- The students can be Indian Nationals, Foreign Students, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) or even Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
- The student should have studied or be studying subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12 from a recognised board.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Students, NRI, and OCI
There are no different age criteria or any other criteria for the Foreign Nationals, Non-Resident Indians or NRIs, and Overseas Citizens of India or OCI in order to appear for the examination of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG 2022. The following requirements need to be noted while applying for the examination:
- Non-Resident Indians and Overseas Citizens of India need to provide a Certificate from the respective Indian Diplomatic Mission of the country to prove that the applicant is an NRI or OCI.
- Foreign Applicants need to upload proof such as an Embassy Certificate or Nationality Certificate of their Nationality.
Qualifications needed for attempting NEET 2022
In order to attempt the NEET 2022 Examination, the students who will satisfy the following conditions will be considered qualified:
- The students should have passed Class 12 or are awaiting the result. The students will be admitted only if they have passed the Class. This implies that there is no restriction in case of application but definitely for admission.
- The students would be studying Medical Stream in CLass 12. That is the subject combinations would be English + Physics + Chemistry + Biology + Optional Subject or Mathematics.
- The students should be studying in CISCE or CBSE or State Boards or any other recognised Foreign School Education Board in order to attempt the examination.
- the minimum marks required in order to be able to attempt the examination has been specified as:
- General Category and Economically Weaker Section: 50%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Physically Handicapped (PH): 40%
All India Quota for NEET 2022
The All India Quota is the 15% reservation in the central medical colleges. The following students are eligible for the All India Quota:
- Citizens with Nationality of India
- Overseas Citizens of India or OCI
- Persons of Indian Origin or PIOs
- Foreign Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians or NRIs
Students who belong to Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh are not eligible for the 15% All India Quota. The students from Hyderabad and Telangana are eligible since 2018. The remaining seats are transferred to the 85% State Quota of Medical Seats.
The students of All India Quota et the seats under the centralized counselling conducted by the Medical Commission of India after the NEET examination. However, for the State Quota, the counselling is conducted by the authorities of the State Level Counselling.
Courses under National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
The students seeking admission after NEET 2022 can apply to colleges for the following medical courses:
- Medical: MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Dental: BDS or Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BAMS or Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine, and Surgery
- BHMS or Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- BNYS or Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences
- BUMS or Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
- BSMS or Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery
- Paramedical Courses: Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, BSc in Dialysis Therapy, BSc Medical Lab Technology, BSc Optometry, BSc X-Ray Technology, BSc in Nuclear Medicine Technology, Bachelor of Radiation Technology, BSc in Operation Theater Technology, BSc Medical Record Technology, Bachelor of Veterinary Science, BSc Medical Imaging Technology, BSc Anesthesia Technology, BSc Horticulture, BSc Nursing, Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- BPT or Bachelors of PhysioTherapy
NEET 2022 Important Links
|Official National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET 2022 Portal||neet.nta.nic.in|
|KVS Homepage||Click Here|